Indulge in a cozy and comforting bowl of creamy pumpkin soup that will warm up your soul on any chilly evening. With the perfect balance of savoury garlic and onion, rich heavy cream, and the earthy sweetness of pumpkin, this soup is the ultimate autumn/winter comfort food. The addition of Mevorra collagen original powder not only adds a boost of nutrition but also makes the soup extra velvety and smooth. Top it off with a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves for an elegant touch, and you'll have a perfect meal to savour on a crisp winter day.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
(Note: For a vegan version, you can replace the heavy cream with coconut cream or a non-dairy alternative)
- 1 scoop of Mevorra collagen original powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the diced pumpkin to the pot and stir to coat with the onion and garlic mixture. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the pumpkin is slightly softened.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the pumpkin is tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly. Using an immersion blender or a blender, blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream and Mevorra collagen original powder. Heat the soup over medium heat until it is heated through, but do not allow it to boil.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish each bowl with fresh thyme leaves. Serve hot and enjoy!